New Colnago B1-R Direct Mount Brake Calipers. This will fit on the Colnago V1-R, V2-R, Concept, C64 and C60 with direct mount.
Colnago has developed a SRAM/Campagnolo compatible version of the the Shimano direct mount brake design for it's rim brake V1-R frameset. The B1-R brakeset accommodates the cable pull ratio required by SRAM and Campy. Dual-pivot, direct mount brakes have been lauded for a simple set-up, efficient power, better modulation, capability to handle wider tires and rims, and lighter overall weight. With the necessary changes to fork and frame designs the direct mount style is generally more aerodynamic than single pivots due to more specific integration. This is especially true with many frame builders moving to a new rear brake mount under the chainstays behind the bottom bracket.
The forged, sculpted aluminum calipers have been optimized for stiffness and aerodynamics, and Colnago engaged famous brake maker Hayes to manufacture the system. Outside of the Shimano direct mount brakes (compatible with the current Shimano STI lever cable pull ratio), these Colnago- branded brakes are the stiffest and best reacting we have tried. The, weight, power and modulation afforded by the stiffer caliper is on par with Shimano's Ultegra and Dura-Ace versions. The padholders are easily adjustable in the Shimano style, and accept Shimano/SRAM type pads. And for the aesthetes out there, these look great in black. If you want to run SRAM or Campagnolo shift levers with your direct mount frameset, the BR-1 is the best option on the market.
- Direct Mount brake system that has been optimized for SRAM/Campagnolo levers
- Front and rear set, for Colnago V1-R, V2-R, Concept, C60 and C64 and other direct mount framesets
- Better power, modulation, aerodynamics and weight over single bolt mount calipers
- Aluminum construction is stiff and light; built by Hayes
- Padholders are adjustable for angle and height with conical washer system
- Uses Shimano/SRAM style pads
- Stainless steel hardware.
- Bead blasted black anodised finish with white Colnago logos.
- Weight: 299 grams per set
All our bikes are professionally packed and shipped with tracking number and insurance. High-End-Bike-Discount is offering you high end bikes, frames and parts that we love. We are selling only genuine products, no copy or replica. Our goal is to offer you the best price on amazing bikes.